Permission Priviledge problem in Leopard, Please Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Neonguy, May 2, 2008.

1. Neonguy macrumors 6502

Hello,

Every since I updated from Tiger to Leopard, I have this really annoying Permission Privilege. There is 2 Admin on my Computer, me Neon, and another Kaslyn, both are Admin. Every time when I created a Folder on my Account, I can Read & Write. But the other account Kaslyn can only Read. I have to log into the account that the Folder is created and change the privilege every time a new Folder is created. It's driving me crazy! I did permission repaired through Apple Disk Ultility, but it doesn't do anything. I even change my whole Hard Drive to Everyone (Read & Write), but it cause my Mac OS X not to even boot up.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Where are you creating these folders? If Neon creates a folder in it's Home directory the other admin wouldn't be able to access it?

3. Neonguy thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Neonguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone know at all?

Can I ask that, is this part of Leopard problem? If an Admin create a File, he/she can Read/Write, but other can Read Only. So you have to change the persmission for every file or folder created? Someone using Leopard, if they are having this problem can you confirm please.

Thank you!