Permission repairs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Markov, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

For the more passionate forum posters who would be disturbed by this: apologies if this has been posted before, I don't have a lot of time at this moment otherwise I'd search for this issue in the forum. If this has been posted before, with a solution, please show me a link. Otherwise, please help! :)

For as long as I have been using Leopard, I have had a whole slue of permissions that are incorrect and I have been constantly using Disk Utility to fix them. Well it seemed that the same ones were constantly showing the wrong permissions, even after a repair. I figured they were all system files that could not be modified while the OS is loaded. I grabbed my Leopard disk (10.5 with no updates on it) and did a permissions verify/ repair. At the end it always tells me it was successfully repaired, but the same permissions still show up as incorrect. I also verified the disk, and it comes back saying it's fine.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no negative impact from this permissions error, but it does seem slow here and there at random times.

Thanks! :)

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I have the same problem with my Leopard system. No apparent problems, but the incorrect permissions don't ever go away, no matter how many ways I try and repair them. It's a bit troubling. :(

3. germanix macrumors member

4. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

It's been happening for about a year or more. Nothing to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.