Permission to do this?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iPowers, Apr 15, 2007.

1. iPowers macrumors 6502

Hi. I am sure you guys have heard about smartftp, a popular ftp program for windows. The site says that they will not make a mac or linux version. They also said they will not do it because there isn't enough demand for it.

I wanted to ask if I am allowed to make a topic somewhere on this forum talking about smartftp and with the huge amount of people on this site, they will request it on their site if they wanted to and they can consider getting that good program for macs?

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

There are a lot of good FTP programs for mac... look at Transmit and YummyFTP for example...

Forget the dark windows side...

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

To address your specific question, I'm sure a thread here is fine. You might want to use an online petition manager (e.g. Petition Spot) to start a petition if you're really serious.

If you can get that petition covered by Digg or Slashdot or somesuch, it should generate a lot of signatures quickly. Presumably from people unlike me, who couldn't care less if this app gets ported to OS X. :eek:

If you click the little red triangle in your post, you can even send a message to a mod to just have this thread moved to another sub-forum here, such as the one for 3P applications, and preferably with a new title.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Actually, I never heard of it before. I just downloaded it to try it out and to be honest, its nothing special. There are hundreds of programs for OS X, Windows, and Linux, that preform just as well, if not better than SmartFTP.