Permissions Being Strange

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by forrestmc4, Dec 4, 2007.

1. forrestmc4 macrumors regular

So, I was minding my own business running a permissions repair and I got this:

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.
    Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Never seen that before and it is only the second time I have run a permissions repair in 10.5. I'm backed up and everything so doing a clean install shouldn't be an issue if this is a big problem but my concern is won't my old, possibly corrupt, file permissions get copied if I restore from a Time Machine backup of my whole disk?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't worry about it, they are issues that a reinstall will not solve.

Even an Apple tech note saying don't worry about it.

It'll likely be fixed in the next OS update, since it seems like the 10.5.1 update didn't entirely fix Disk Utility -- and likely made the problems look worse, but at least it isn't sitting there like a dead duck for 20 minutes.

---

You can download the 10.5.1 off Apple's support/download page and reinstall it -- that'll likely drop some of these SUID lines, but they will not all go away.