Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I am trying to get DiskWarrior to work and when I try to run it I get this message:

Picture%201%287%29.png

Fine and dandy...so I go to Get Info on my boot drive...but I get this:
Picture%202%284%29.png
when I should get something that looks like this (option at the bottom):
Picture%203%283%29.png

So on my boot drive, there is no option to uncheck the Ignore ownership on this volume because, well, it's not there. I'm running the latest version of OS X. How do I fix this? I've searched around and found similar threads dating back to the Tiger days but nothing that fixed anything for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the quick response Eric, but the option still isn't showing itself. I've always found these little things to be annoyances in OS X. I really have no idea what to do to get it to show up, any other suggestions?

Thanks

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Goto system preferences and click on sharing.

Do you have a checkmark beside file sharing?

This is the only other thing that could be wrong with disk warrior.

I am using the latest version of leopard and never had any installation problems with disk warrior.

I do have a checkmark beside it, yes.

Should I uncheck this?

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Ok the second picture is taken from another Hard drive, the first picture is the default picture. That is what it is supposed to look like.

Second of all what Operating system are you using?

You negelected to tell me this.

My question is what version of Disk warrior are you using and what version of Leopard are you using?

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.x (Leopard). What is the compatibility of DiskWarrior?

Answer

DiskWarrior 4 version 4.1 is now available for complete compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.0 - 10.5.5 (Leopard). Version 4.1 offers additional repair capabilities including the ability to repair damaged directory hard links (a new feature of Leopard for Time Machine backups). DiskWarrior 4 version 4.1 is the only utility that can repair damaged links, directory loops and other problems that can happen with directory hard links.

The websight mentions nothing about Leopard 10.5.6 but it runs fine on my macbok.

I stated in the original post that I am running the latest version of OS X (10.5.6).

I did finally get DiskWarrior working though, so this issue really doesn't matter a whole lot anymore. I really do appreciate your help throughout this, though.

Thanks a lot,
Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.