Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raquetta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Help Help Help Help!!!!

Since I upgraded my Macbook 13' 2.16 GHZ intel Core 2 duo, I had a lot of problems that I don"t know how to fix :
1 ) I'm able to empty my trash but not see what's in it. Try tons of time to open it, but i doesnt respond.

2) If I try to search in the Finder window , the finder will quit unexpectedly. Also it quits a lot of times during the day even if I'm not using anything

3) I have two Finder icons on my dock, I cant remove them. Its seems that there're kind of duplicated and only on of them is operating. If I clic in the new one the finder window will appear, but If I Clic on the old one anything comes up.

Note: I've been verifying the disk with Onyx all this time. Also I tried to repair permissions from OSX Installer, and there're several warning of files that won't be repair. Something like " Warnings: SUID File........ has been modified and wont be repair. "

What Can I do?

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but frankly the easiest thing to do is get the OS install discs (either the disc that came with it or your Leopard install disc if you bought one) and reinstall the OS.

Doing an Archive and Install will, hopefully, not bring too many of the issues along for the ride, but if you don't mind manually transferring data and/or losing some program settings, you might be best off doing a completely clean install and manually moving your documents over from a backup after creating a clean, working user.

raquetta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Noooooo !!!!!

That's Really sucks!

OK... Thank You So MUCH! I'll start backing up my staffs.

Quick Question! If I open a new User account It wont help , bacause of the permits hasn't been repaired ? right?

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
If it were just permissions on your user account that were messed up, a new account would work perfectly. However, it sounds to me like there's something more severe than that going on, so a full reinstall is a much better idea.

You could of course TRY creating a new account and see if everything works; it only takes a minute and if it does work then I'm wrong and you can just transfer your files from the hosed account to the good one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.