Pernyn 17" fans not kicking into high gear.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ibinco, Mar 17, 2008.

1. ibinco macrumors regular

ibinco

Im a little worried that my fans are not doing more than 2000 RPM when doing the following:

Exporting movie with quicktime 80% CPU usage- temp 71 Celcius- fans @ 2000RPM

On my Santa Rosa the fans would kick in earlier. Am i being paranoid or is this just pernyn's own?!

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I see the same thing on a 2.6GHz 15". The heat control is much better on the pernyn models. I've monitored the temperture using iStat Pro and the fans will increase if it gets hotter but it takes alot to do this. I've never seen the fans go over 3500 rpm so far.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Same on mine. I wouldn't worry. I think it's just that people got annoyed with the fans so they tuned it so it kicked in later. So far it only kicks in when the temp reaches 85 Centigrade or more when I'm compiling code or something.

4. ibinco thread starter macrumors regular

ibinco

Ok , thanks for the replies. Mine has never gone anywhere above the 75 degrees celcius and even @ those temps the fan is only blowing @ 2500RPM max.

BTW... I officially declare my macbook pro perfect now :)

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Yeah, I had to push it to 170 F to see a RPM increase of the fans. It took awhile too for it to reach that temp.