Persistent Disk Utility Errors

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by tacorrito, Jan 30, 2015.

1. tacorrito macrumors newbie

Ever since I got my rMBP, I've had these two disk permission messages come up. The permissions can be repaired, but always show up again whenever the system is restarted.

Would anyone happen to know what these permissions relate to, and whether it's an issue?

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If repairing permissions results in error messages, some of these messages can be ignored and should be no cause for concern.

Some people repair, or recommend repairing permissions for situations where it isn't appropriate. Repairing permissions only addresses very specific issues. It is not a "cure all" or a general performance enhancer, and doesn't need to be done on a regular basis. It also doesn't address permissions problems with your files or 3rd party apps.
    There are times when repairing permissions is appropriate. To do so, here are the instructions:

3. tacorrito thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I checked whether the error messages I had could be safely ignored, but they weren't on the list.

Do these specific messages mean anything important?

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I suspect Apple just has not updated that list. Ever since installing Yosemite I see the exact same error messages you are seeing and it has not hurt anything. I wouldn't worry about it.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That wasn't intended to be a definitive list. As it states: