Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
Just upgraded to tiger, and every time I boot up my mac the Keyboard Setup Assistant comes up, saying "Your keyboard cannot be identified and will not be usable until it is identified. To identify this keyboard click continue". I click continue, and it asks me to press the key immediately to the right of the shift key on the left side of the external keyboard (I'm using an iMac). I press the key, and it says I have pressed the key on my built in keyboard. I can quit this menu, but it comes up each time I reboot, which I'd like to stop.

skp574

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2005
greenwich.london.uk
I don't know if this is related. But I have both wireless keyboard and mouse.

I was just adding some Dashboard Widgets and both the keyboard and mouse lost connection. I was totally stuffed. I waited for a while then the keyboard came back to life. I was able to get out of Dashboard. The mouse connection setup popped up and found the mouse again.

Weird?

The batteries in both are fresh and it never happened in Panther.

I'll keep an eye on it and post back if I get it at startup. However, knowing OS X's stability, I don't think I'll be restarting any time soon.. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.