PersistentAssistant battery?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spotsphill, Jun 7, 2012.

1. spotsphill macrumors regular

Is out there has tried the PersistentAssistant tweak from Cydia that enables Siri to keep on listening after she has last spoken (until she is dismissed using the home button). This should enable Siri to work like the commercials we see on TV where the celebrities are having conversations with their phones.

I was wondering if users of this tweak have seen any drop in battery life? I ask because a few months back there was a tweak that allowed Siri to always remain in a listening state; that tweak killed my battery. I'm hoping this new tweak won't. It would be good to use while driving. I imagine you could even use it with "Dismiss Siri."

Thanks.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes you will see a battery drop, it's only logical! ;) it does something similar so it will cause excessive drain like the other tweak. you have to just see if it's worth it for me the answer is no.

3. MastahRiz, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Why should this cause battery drain? All it does is put Siri back to listening mode after it finishes a statement. Once you dismiss Siri, it's off just like normal.

http://youtu.be/Z8cS-5PlW0I

I'm using it and haven't had any problems, however some people are reporting bugs like it switching back to listening mode too early and then using its own replies as answers... Needs some more work.

4. spotsphill thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I figured, but after dealing with the 4S's battery issues since day 1 I'm deathly afraid of anything else cutting into the already weak battery life. I'm glad to hear it's going well for you so far. I think I'll hold off for another few days and check out some more testimonials. Thanks..