Personal Anecdote About Build Quality...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SirJ, Oct 2, 2009.

1. SirJ macrumors member

Hey everyone

Just had this happen and wanted to post this to let people know about MacBook build quality (for prospective buyers and the like).

I have a 2.4 alubook and have had it for about 6 months. I've had zero problems with it and it runs perfectly - just like most Macs that I've seen.

When getting down from my lofted bed, I accidentally stepped on my MacBook (poor decision to lay it on the floor at the foot of my bed). I stepped directly in the middle of the closed lid.

Obviously I was very worried and opened it up. Nothing happened.

The unibody design, in my experience, is one of the strongest methods of building a notebook that has been put in use thus far. I know that older macbook pros (non-unibodies) had problems with the screen warping or getting dented. This feels more solid than any other laptop I've ever held (slightly better than a lenovo even).

Just wanted to share my experience. I hope this helps if anyone is concerned about reports of poor build quality.

2. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I can't say that I have stepped on mine, but my dog has many times (I dont care if she is only 26 lbs) she was jumping on it, and there are no scratches, dents, nothing the unibody MacBooks/Pros IMO have some of the best build quality in the business.

3. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Spill water into a lenovo that is running and then spill it into the macbook, and check the results. I couldn't pay my rent offering water damage repair on lenovo laptops, because water doesn't damage them.

Apple has a LONG way to go.

4. prodigee macrumors 6502a

This is also true however, and there are some areas that Apple really has a long way to go on places.