Personal Assistant crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BrianBaughn, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Yikes! I changed a couple of settings in Personal Assistant and somehow ended up in a repeating respring crash to safe mode.

The Reminders area bugged my so I set the maximum to "0". Another thing I did at the same time was turn off the dim delay.

I can uninstall it when in Safe Mode but when I reinstall it's remembering my settings and back to the crash.

I've tried to delete any settings I can find (using iFile) and reinstalling but the settings are persistent.

Anyone have an idea as to how to get it working again?

2. eyoungren, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2017

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Use iCleaner Pro to find the main preference file and then swipe to the left to delete it. Reboot, then try reinstalling it.

3. BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Thanks...that worked and I wonder why deleting the same file with iFile doesn't.

You CANNOT set the maximum Reminders in Personal Assistant to "0" without instantly crashing the device once leaving the PA settings.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No idea why it wouldn't work in iFile. I generally use iCleaner Pro for this though so I wasn't aware of using iFile in this manner.

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I've used it for the same. Surprised it didn't work after the ifile route and a restart. :eek:

6. BrianBaughn, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

It's up to the iFile user to find the files via search. There were multiple plist files. iCleaner Pro is much easier.