Personal Finance apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bull2014, Jun 1, 2014.

1. bull2014 macrumors newbie

I have searched a few threads but mostly are a year or two old so I wanted to get an updated view on things. I have seen ibank, moneydance and ifinance recommended. Just some info I do not intend on linking it with my bank so that option isn't necessary. Also looking for a one time app fee and nothing that is recurring monthly/yearly to have access to the service. Any other app recommendations are welcomed as well. Thanks in advance

2. mic j macrumors 68030

I switched form Quicken to Moneydance about a year ago and have been very satisfied with it (although certainly not as full featured or organized as Quicken). It gets the job done, if your requirements are basic ones (loans, checking/savings accounts, etc).

3. iDento macrumors 6502

iDento

YNAB is the best

YNAB is the best for me, it really changed my financial life.

You can try Jumsoft Money, MoneyWell and MoneyWiz too.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I was using iBank which is a very good personal finance app. I have since gone over to Moneywell. The only reason I went over to Moneywell was due to its currency support, which I require.

Both are a one time purchase price and and do a very good job. I do find the interface of Moneywell to be a little neater. I have supplied a link to it.

5. atr macrumors regular

I second YNAB. Been using it for a few years now and love it. Take a few of the free tutorials on the Web site to see it in action.

6. dspilman macrumors newbie

dspilman

I use Mint.com. It works great for most things. Very simple and easy to use interface. Theres iOS app and an OSX app too. I'm very happy with it, have been using it for about 2 years now.

7. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I've been using Moneydance for several years and still like it best of all. I also don't link my bank, but it has that option if I decide to. Sometimes there is a fee for major version upgrades, but you are not forced to upgrade.

8. mcmul macrumors 6502

9. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

Another YNAB vote. Been using it just over a year now and it's helped me more than any other finance program over the past couple decades.

10. apple-ette macrumors member

Another vote for Moneydance

I have been using Moneydance for a few years now. At the time it was the best for importing my many years of Quicken data. I'm happy with it, there are a few things I miss from Quicken. But I'm happy with my choice.

11. MAH11 macrumors newbie

Moneydance works well

I have been using Moneydance as a Quicken replacement for ~3 years. (In truth, I am really using it to replace Managing Your Money -- a long discontinued package that I still miss.) I chose it for its ability to pay bills online, but it has many other capabilities.

I have been happy with the program and have had no problems. Importantly, I have received prompt support from the company every time my bank has changed its communication protocol (which is invaluable, as my bank has no technical support for non-Quicken users.)