Personal Finance Managment

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adiazrael, Dec 9, 2013.

1. adiazrael macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations on some good personal finance management software for Mac. I would like to be able import my bank statements .csv files and label my expanses as groceries, clothing, mortgage, house expenses etc., and any future import to be automatically sorted.
    Additional iphone/ipad app would be a plus.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have been using iBank and it does the things you mentioned. They also have a iOS app.

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank/

They gave a free 30 day trial if you want to try it out.

3. NastyN8 macrumors newbie

you should check out the app "mint". It syncs with your bank account/credit card/paypal accounts and can automatically categorize your items. great for seeing big picture where your money is going. (no I don't work for them).:D

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I tried the free trials on several software packages and finally settled on Moneydance a few years ago.

Here are a couple of other threads to check out.

Thread

Thread (mostly a Moneydance discussion).

5. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I recently purchased YNAB (you need a budget), so far Im quite impressed. If you purchase the app store version and send them the receipt they give you a free Windows license which is nice if you work on multiple devices. They also have a free iPhone app. The app syncs through dropbox which works flawlessly across all devices.
    I am switching from Microsoft money, and so far I am pleased.

6. cybertek macrumors regular

cybertek