personal finance software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by emt8q5, Jan 21, 2008.

1. emt8q5 macrumors member

Hello,

I was just wondering what people would recommend for Personal Finance software for my mac? I have looked at Quicken 2007 but it doesn't seem to get that great of reviews. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Eric

2. r88my macrumors regular

Check out cha-ching. Its part of the macheist bundle at the moment. I dont know what it is like though as I haven't used it yet. You can geta trial copy tho :)

3. DaveF macrumors 6502a

I use MS Money 2003 in Parallels (or BootCamp). The bad reviews of Quicken 2007 put me off, so I stayed with my Windows finance program.

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

5. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

I think the best around will be iBank. And the iBank3 looks even better. Cha-Ching doesn't have enough features, at least IMHO.

6. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I am a big fan of Money Dance. It is one of the only (might be the only one other than quicken) that can directly download your account transactions into the program. Most programs make you save them as a file first and then import them.

It is also cross platform (Mac, Windows, Linux) and can handle investment accounts. That said, I do find it does things labeling in an odd way and entering investments confuses me, but that is probably more because I don't know anything about investing.

7. gvegastiger macrumors regular

I use Liquid Ledger. Its pretty cheap and you can download a trial version to see how it works. It will import your banking information as well, and it will categorize your transactions and apply them towards your monthly budget as well.

8. Megatron macrumors regular

Are there any good free / open source very basic finance programs that would just help one plan out a budget etc?

9. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

nothing beats going into excel or numbers and making your own personal finance manager with everything you want.

10. gvegastiger macrumors regular

callmemike, do you think you could post a sample worksheet of what you speak of?

11. Slumbercub macrumors regular