Personal Finance Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bjmach, Oct 23, 2008.

1. bjmach macrumors 6502

Household will be 100% Mac starting today after I put up my new iMac and take down the PC. But my dilemma is I use Quicken 2008 for everything. Should I bootcamp windows and still use Quicken 2008, switch to Quicken for Mac or something else....the cheaper the better.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use Quicken for Mac. Its ok, but I think I still prefer Quicken for Windows.

3. vandlism macrumors 6502

I just started using Cha-Ching earlier this week to help me track everything. I'm using their latest beta as a new update will be coming soon, but so far so good. I'm really liking the software, easy to use.

4. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

There's actually quite a bit of personal finance software available for Mac. Can't think of all the titles at the moment but they're out there.

5. epiphany macrumors regular

If you wanted to retain Windows Quicken, I would be using Parallels or similar, just to keep it simple.
    If you have no other use for Parallels, however, then buying Quicken for Mac would be best/cheaper. It has everything you need. I've been using it since 1989, I think...

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Your cheapest route is to get VirtualBox, wipe your old Windows box, use your license for that computer for your virtual machine, and install your Quicken for Windows on it. Total expenditure: $0.

7. DeekinBlooz macrumors member

iBank - Best of the bunch, but still no cigar.
    MoneyDance - Bought it. Didn't like it
    MoneyWell - I have never used it
    Cha-ching - I have never used it

I want a full-featured Quicken for Mac 2009, but it looks like Intuit is going in a different direction. So, I bought VMWare Fusion, Windows XP, and Quicken for Windows 2009. It working for me, despite the additional expenditures. Wish I didn't need Windows. I don't care so much that Quicken for Windows doesn't have a cool Mac interface. It's the features I want. (Caveat: I've been a Quicken for windows user since the early 90's, so I may have a familiarity and feature expectation that biases me toward Quicken for Windows.)