Personal Finance + Taxes Software

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by McGiord, Feb 27, 2008.

1. McGiord, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Hi, this question may have been asked many times before, but I never used a software to manage my finances, just some excel spreadsheets, also this is going to be my first time filing for taxes in the USA.

I really appreciate your suggestions on Mac software to manage my personal finances since 2007 and to do the TAXES.

Today I was at Circuit City and I was looking at the different Turbo Taxes and Taxcut software options at Circuit City Today.
    Also I was looking at Quicken.

Do you use any of these or others? Why?

Thanks again!
    ________
    Suzuki Twin picture

Attached Files:

2. natharvey macrumors member

i use quicken for my personal finance managing and i find it does a great job and i've had no problems with it in the 4 years i've used it on my mac

for taxes every year i also use turbo tax, its quick and easier than anything i've used, and gives you lots of advice and warnings on how likely you are to be audited and things like that. so i think quicken and turbotax are two good choices that have worked for me

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I use Turbo Tax for my taxes, it's very easy and goes through everything step by step.

4. McGiord, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord thread starter macrumors 601

McGiord

Looking all over the web in other sites, many people complaint that the Mac version of Quicken isn't as great as the PC version, but most of the time the real features that are missing aren't listed.

Anyone can mention them?
    ________
    ios games

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Turbo Tax for taxes and I have recently started using iBank - it does all I need for personal finances.

6. steeler macrumors regular

I used Quicken for about 4 months on OS X after using it on Windows previously. I really didn't like Quicken for Mac very much at all. I'm still searching for a personal finance program that does what I want, but for now use spreadsheets.

You might want to check out iBank and Cha-ching for your personal finance solutions.

Turbo Tax on the Mac is good. I've used it a few times.