Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garybUK

Original poster
Jun 3, 2002
Hi all, my cousin of only 30 died suddenly last week, he had kidney problems and lyphnoma :-(

It's his funeral on Thursday and I want to do something apple related as he was mad on mac's and we spent lots of time talking about them and in our rooms playing with our computers.

I'm going to goto the family's designated florist tomorrow to see if they will do a flower display in the shape of the Apple Logo, just wondering if they can't do it can you think of anything else I could do along these lines... i know my uncle (his father) and he would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Have you thought about reading or including the "Crazy Ones" poem. I always find it rather touching, and for an Apple fan, I'm sure you could find a nice way to work it into the service.

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
My idea was to have a eulogy spoken from the point of view of his Mac, and using the original Macintosh voice (good if you have a laptop and external speakers). My thought is to keep it light hearted, which might give friends and family a smile in a difficult time.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Have you thought about reading or including the "Crazy Ones" poem. I always find it rather touching, and for an Apple fan, I'm sure you could find a nice way to work it into the service.
That's a pretty cool idea. Maybe a combo of our ideas might work too.

Best of luck, and my condolences. :eek:

garybUK

Original poster
Jun 3, 2002
Thanks for all your input, though because he did have loads of friends and did lots of activities, the keynote idea was a bit too much i think, plus it was a cremation so we didn't have long in the crematorium.

I did manage to get an arrangement made by and EXCELLENT local florist, they were fantastic, i came the day before (<15 hrs notice) and they were at the suppliers at 5am getting everything for me.

Here's a pic

19032009210.jpg

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Thanks for all your input, though because he did have loads of friends and did lots of activities, the keynote idea was a bit too much i think, plus it was a cremation so we didn't have long in the crematorium.

I did manage to get an arrangement made by and EXCELLENT local florist, they were fantastic, i came the day before (<15 hrs notice) and they were at the suppliers at 5am getting everything for me.

Here's a pic

Aww- that's really great. I'm sure that would have made your cousin happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.