Personal Hotspot and Facetime Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iMAK79, Aug 10, 2011.

1. iMAK79 macrumors newbie

I have a non jail broken iPhone 4 and in the settings I have added the Cellular Data Network values for my mobile carrier, and 3G Internet is working fine and Personal Hotspot is functioning properly and yet I have the option to modify the Cellular Data Network values.

Recently my mobile carrier has released a Settings Update, and after I accepted the update the Personal Hotspot is disappeared but Facetime was added, also the option to modify the Cellular Data Network is not anymore available after the update.

So I have two options to live with, weather to ignore the update and stay with the Personal Hotspot feature or accept the update and use the Facetime.

But my request here is, how can I have both? is there any way to tweak anything to have them both? reminding you that my iPhone 4 is not jail broken and I am not looking forward to jailbreak it.

Thanks & regards

2. iMAK79 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Your iOS version, Network Provider and world location would be helpful :)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your carrier has blocked the tethering/hotspot feature with their latest carrier update file. So in order to get it to work you might have to purchase an additional tethering plan. Call them up and ask for details about pricing if you're interested.
    But in other words without jailbreaking you wont be able to have both working on stock firmware.