Personal Hotspot - Connection Timeout

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by redshovel, Oct 14, 2011.

1. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

Ok so personal hotspot worked every time with iPhone 4 on iOS4 and MBP on Lion.
    Now iPhone 4 is upgraded to iOS5 and my MBP has been swapped for a new MBA 13''. The Air connects no problem to home wifi and other hotspots i.e. starbucks but I cannot use the Personal Hotspot on the iPhone via the Air......connection time out EVERY time.
    However it works between the iPhone and iPad I have. :confused:
    Can anyone shed light on this and a possible solution .....searched for ages but can find any workarounds at all.:mad:

2. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

Hotspot works fine over USB cable.
    Has anyone got a clue what could be wrong....doing my head in this problem :confused:

3. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

Am I the only person win the world with this problem
    Is it something to do with the iPhone or Air???
    Even knowing that would be a start

4. roozbeh macrumors newbie

Same Here

I am having the same problem here but only recently and I have no idea what started it. I could use the Personal Hotspot over wifi very easily, but then it stopped working by always giving "connection timeout" errors on the other end.

I searched the web but could not find a solution yet. Any news on this?

5. rtw5 macrumors newbie

rtw5

I had the same problem with personal hotspot wifi not connecting to my mbpro (connection timeout) as it previously used to. The suggested solution I came across that worked for me was to reset network settings on my iphone. I didn't think it would work, but it did.

Settings --> General --> Rest --> Reset Network Settings.

No idea why it worked, and on other threads it didn't work for everyone.