Personal hotspot impact on tethering?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Is the personal hotspot on 4.3 beta basically MyWi but through at&t/verizon's paid tethering?

Will there be an impact with the hotspot being built into the software, or will MyWi be basically the same thing? I guess there will eventually be a tweak that allows us to use the hotspot instead of paying $20 for mywi?

Sorry for talking in questions lol

2. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

1) it appears so
    2) MyWi may offer more functionality than the native hotspot, we'll have to wait and see.
    3) probably so. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

3. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

1 time payment of $20 for MyWi or mostly likely $20+ per month for BS tethering from ATT.

Easy Choice for me.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

^+1 Granted it'll be nice to have this feature built into the OS but since AT&T will most likely charge for it, paying $20 once is a far better deal than paying $20 per month.

5. Nrwrit3r thread starter macrumors 6502a

All I'm saying is maybe a tweak to allow you to use the native hotspot app would be better than a separate app, for things like battery usage and stuff? Once the jb comes out for 4.3 of course

6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Well, it's a little foolish to speculate on a beta version of iOS. Like I said, the answer to most your questions can only be answered with 'maybe' as no one will know what the actual version of iOS 4.3 will be like, including this personal hotspot feature that has appeared.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Offcourse they will charge people on stock iOS.
    Hopefully with a Cydia tweak jb iPhones will be able to have that feature without paying anything additional to their provider.