iPhone personal hotspot not working: limited access

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mattkilla, Mar 29, 2014.

1. mattkilla, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014

mattkilla macrumors member

My personal hotspot has just started causing me problems. the hot spot feature has always been unlockEd on my phone and has worked great for me this far. I cannot connect now thru wifi or usb like I could before. my connection comes up on the computer but after it connects there is a yellow triangle and it says limited access . normally when the computer connects to the phone the phone notifies you by a blinking blue bar at the top telling you how many devices are connected. I am not getting this bar when the computer connects with limited access. I can't figure out what the problem is, I tried resetting network settings but that didn't work. has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix? Btw I am jailbroken runnin ios 7.04 . any help would be great!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396135100.079558.jpg

2. mattkilla thread starter macrumors member

tehterme fixed it

Well I see this is not a very hot topic on here, but thankfully I got it taken care of and fixed. I am not sure what was happening but all I did to fix it was install TetherMe. I dont know if it had something to do with the APN or what was going on, all i know is my hotspot is now working again. Any explanation to this?

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Network & package details would help us

4. mattkilla thread starter macrumors member

where can find that info?

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The contract you pay for