Personal Hotspot on iOS 5 Beta 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rogeliojeda, Sep 2, 2011.

1. rogeliojeda macrumors regular

Did personal hotspot just gone in beta 7 or is just me? I don´t even have the option in settings anymore.
    Thank you!

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

It works ok for me.

3. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

Works for me too

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

5. freedev macrumors newbie

On the other hand upgrading to beta 7, I not only loose Personal Hotspot option but also "Cellular Data network services" menu.
    Actually I'm unable to set different APN and I presume I lost the old one. My iphone 4 is now disconnected from Internet.
    Only way to Internet remains Wi-Fi. :eek:

Did anyone know why this has happened?
    May be foreign carriers unsupported from apple?

6. gpc17 macrumors regular

I have a solution. Apple has screwed up unknowncarriers.bundle ... So all unsuported carriers have problems on ios 5 b7.. Personal hotspot, 3G and mms don't work. It also shows up call forwarding active when you call somebody..

Solution for internet is to set up a custom apn via iPhone configuration utility and then send it to email and open on iPhone. After reset internet works...

For mms / personal hotspot we must wait for b8 or GM version.

7. illjazz macrumors regular

I just had that exact problem, sitting at a Starbuck's and not wanting to deal with their PITA wi-fi. For some reason, Apple has relocated the Personal Hotspot settings entry to

Settings > General > Network > Personal Hotspot

With this odd change comes a welcome change, though. It now only turns on WiFi instead of forcing WiFi + Bluetooth. It always bothered me that it would turn on Bluetooth automatically. And turning it on was just part of the problem.. before, when I turned off Personal Hotspot, it would leave the Bluetooth on. So something I didn't want to use/didn't need turn on remained on even after I finished using the feature that caused the problem. Never got that.

Working fine once you find it in the new location, though!

----------

BTW, the "Cellular Data network services" is in the same location as Personal Hotspot as I described above.