Personal Hotspot on iOS5 GM?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Awjvail, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Hey,

Yesterday I noticed that the Personal Hotspot feature isn't visible after I updated to the iOS5 GM. Anyone else having this problem?

It worked fine through all the other betas (except for the one that had it disabled, beta 4 I think?).

Thanks.

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Noticed the same thing. Did a reset of network settings then a reboot and it came back.

3. Awjvail thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, no change... hmm.

4. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

It worked for me. Go to General -> Network and enable it. It will then appear at the main settings menu again.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Which carrier?

It's there for me, I'm with Optus.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a stack of carrier settings updates pushed out soonish.

7. WouterDS macrumors member

WouterDS

Same issue here, I am running iOS 5 GM jailbroken tethered on an iPhone 4 32GB with preserving BB 03.10.01.

8. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I got a 4S yesterday and noticed the option was missing despite my carrier supporting it. To enable the option I had to go to Settings > Network > Personal Hotspot and switch it on with my own password. Once doing that it appears on the first Settings screen between Wi-Fi and Notifications.