Personal Hotspot question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Oct 7, 2016.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Is there a way you can see who is connected to your device like every other phone on the market?

2. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

3. RCRod83 macrumors regular

RCRod83

IMO the Hotspot feature lacks many features. Sure, you can see how many devices are connected, but that's as far as it goes. It'd be nice if they would let you see which devices, their MAC ID, internal IP, etc that are assigned.

4. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

iPhone hotspot has always been bad some reason android is always faster and doesn't time out better distance etc

5. krazirob macrumors regular

krazirob

yeah you can see how many people are connected but you cant do anything really after that. Wish you could control bandwidth and time limits for certain devices via their MAC address.

Apple doesn't do much actually in these terms even with their routers........smh

6. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Yep, Apple hotspot is one of those features I wish they would spend more time with. Especially when so many use that feature. Android kicks its butt in this department. With jailbreak you can make this happen and this is one of those times I wish Apple would steal the MyWi features or at least acknowledge that their way of doing hotspot is much better than Apple's stock iOS way. It's why when jailbroken I prefer MyWi over TetherMe.