Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
Is there a way you can see who is connected to your device like every other phone on the market?

IMO the Hotspot feature lacks many features. Sure, you can see how many devices are connected, but that's as far as it goes. It'd be nice if they would let you see which devices, their MAC ID, internal IP, etc that are assigned.

Subwaymac

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
Illinois
iPhone hotspot has always been bad some reason android is always faster and doesn't time out better distance etc

krazirob

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2016
Baltimore
IMO the Hotspot feature lacks many features. Sure, you can see how many devices are connected, but that's as far as it goes. It'd be nice if they would let you see which devices, their MAC ID, internal IP, etc that are assigned.

yeah you can see how many people are connected but you cant do anything really after that. Wish you could control bandwidth and time limits for certain devices via their MAC address.

Apple doesn't do much actually in these terms even with their routers........smh

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Yep, Apple hotspot is one of those features I wish they would spend more time with. Especially when so many use that feature. Android kicks its butt in this department. With jailbreak you can make this happen and this is one of those times I wish Apple would steal the MyWi features or at least acknowledge that their way of doing hotspot is much better than Apple's stock iOS way. It's why when jailbroken I prefer MyWi over TetherMe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.