Personal Hotspot trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by reclusive46, May 6, 2012.

1. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

USB tethering with my iPhone 4S has been working fine until recently (Not jailbroken to open it, tethering is included in my Ult data plan) but its started to hang on pages every so often (When tethered to my Mac via USB), or refuse to load them at all. But when I go on my phone to try and load the page, it loads instantly.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

2. sn3pro macrumors newbie

Try resetting network settings by going to Opcions then general then scroll to the buttom and find reset then hit reset network settings.

3. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

I'll give it a go.

4. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

No that hasn't revolved the issue. I've also started to notice and issue where the hanging will just happen on a group of domains. For example google.com won't load but bbc.co.uk will. Or they will all stop working completely.

Its getting really annoying whatever though. The network reset didn't work.

On Firefox I'll get DNS Error - Server cannot be found

----------

I think I've found a fix for the specific web pages hanging anyway. sudo networksetup -setdnsservers "iPhone USB" 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

Set the google dns instead of T-Mobiles DNS server.

5. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Still seems very unstable though. I can't figure it out as internet is working fine on the phone itself.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

I had this issue on my girlfriend's 3GS when tethered over USB to her Mac. Didn't find a fix.

7. reclusive46 thread starter macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Indeed. I've found other threads on the internet with the same issue but no fix found.