personal organizer 4.5 and lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scy, Jun 17, 2011.

1. scy macrumors newbie

hearing rumors about quicken 07 and incompatibility possibilities with lion, does anyone know if the same will be true with Chronos's Personal Organizer 4.5.

(for both personal organizer and quicken, the newer replacements were just awful, so its out of the question to try that again)... I want to keep on using personal organizer 4.5; same with quicken 07) ... so the question is will personal organizer 4.5 work with lion?

2. malch macrumors 6502

I'm a Personal Organizer devotee, like yourself.
    And my dedication to this app, in fact, is the reason I'm not switching to Lion from Snow Leopard. From what I understand, Personal Organizer won't work in Lion, because Lion no longer includes Rosetta... and Personal Organizer won't run without Rosetta.
    I hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think I am.
    Regards,
    malch

3. scy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi-- I think quicken will be updated but Personal Organizer--I don't know. I think there were some instructions somewhere to update to one of their newer versions of something or other and then there's something else.. sounded too complicated and a big pain... and Chronos is not longer the nice company it was. There are some functions in personal organizer that I need, newer versions and other aps don't don't have related to categories, printing lists. I was surprised personal organizer even worked with SL as it wasn't on any official list that it would.. I've had it a really long time, tried their newer what ever it was and sent it back. If you hear any thing new, please post. scy