iPad mini Personal pickup - How long to go get it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doofoo, Nov 18, 2013.

1. doofoo macrumors member

I just purchased a 128GB iPad Mini VZN from an apple store a little bit of a distance from me.

How long do I have to go pick it up?

2. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

10 days

3. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

When I used the in store pick-up option for my iPhone 5S, I believe I had 5 days. It will tell you in your "we're ready for you" email.

Congrats. Enjoy you new mini!

4. doofoo thread starter macrumors member

I just got the we're ready for you email, however it does not give a time period - just to come during business hours.

Might need to wait until Friday to go pick it up, hopefully I have that long. These seem hard to find locally.

5. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Just call your store and ask. Mine says as long as I need.

6. ppfd macrumors regular

ppfd

I did this, this past Saturday. I ordered on line and within a half hour they were ready to go. Drove 2 hours to the Easton store, (Columbus Ohio). Out the door in less than 20 minutes with 2 R minis.

Bring ID, and credit card you paid with, they will ask for it.

Seeing as you paid for said items, you should have as long as it takes to get them?

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yes and no. A few days, sure. Months? Not likely.

I don't have the link handy as it's a while ago that I looked it up, but Apple's support site does actually address the question in a general way. (imagine that! :rolleyes:)

After a few days they'll email you a reminder. If you never show up after a couple reminders, they refund your money. Makes sense, they need to have an "out" so they're not stuck holding onto something forever.

Unless it's going to be over a week before you can get there I wouldn't sweat it. If it is over a week, I'm sure if you call the store and let them know. Though if it's going to be a week plus I'm unsure why you wouldn't just order online for delivery.

8. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I placed an order for the 16GB iPad rMini this past Friday at an Apple Store a little bit of a ways away from me. Within the hour, I received the confirmation that my Mini was available to be picked up (granted when I was on Apple's web site, the store I picked it up at was one of the few places that had it in stock).

9. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry. Could have sworn my email gave me the date I had until to pick it up. Most people in the thread are saying 10 days. You can always call your local store to be safe.

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

I just looked at the email for a personal pickup I did a few weeks ago for an iphone 5s. No date/time-limit listed. Just a link to "Pickup Policy": http://store.apple.com/us/browse/open/salespolicies#topic-8

Maybe if you don't show up that day they then follow up with an email with a date.

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

As others have said it's official 10 days but as you get closer to the 10 day mark you'll get an email asking if you need to extend. Apple is pretty flexible.

12. biosci macrumors 6502a

If it's in stock and available at the store, it takes about 45min to an hour... Depends on how busy they are and where you are in the queue

13. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

That is probably it. Thanks for clarifying.

14. bkribbs macrumors 65816

Mine said 5 or 6 days on the site.

Also, shame on everyone here who reads the title and posts. Read the OP please.