Personal pickup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mediotanque, Nov 29, 2013.

1. mediotanque macrumors member

Hello there, I'm traveling to NYC next February and I'm planning to get a Mac Mini with the following configuration: Fusion Drive and 2,6Ghz i7. (I will upgrade the RAM later). So, as you may know, this isn't the standard configuration from Apple.
    Here's my question, can I go to the Apple Retail Store and simply pick up my Mac with these features? Or I've to wait to the next day to get the Mac properly configured?
    I'll be in New York for just three days, and then, I'm moving back to Uruguay.
    Thanks for your time, have a nice day!

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Other than RAM, Apple stores don't customize machines. If you want a config that they don't stock, you order online and it gets built in China and then shipped to you (or a store). But that process takes more than 3 days. :(

3. mediotanque thread starter macrumors member

Oh, I see. Bad news for me. I'm really looking forward to get the Fusion Drive.
    Is there any chances that the store can have a Mac Mini with FD available?

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you'd have to buy it online in advance and select in-store pickup. when paying, though, i don't know if you'd need to have a us address tied to the payment method. if you're visiting a friend in new york, maybe your friend could help you out?

5. mediotanque thread starter macrumors member

That's the problem. I'm going to the USA for vacations and I'll stay in different hotels across the east coast, that's why I don't have a stablished address.
    Daaamn :(

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

If you're able to look up the Mac mini on the US Apple online store, there's a "Chat Now" button. Wonder if you could chat with them and see if there's any way you can pay with your out-of-country credit card now, and have it shipped to a store in NYC so that it's waiting for you.

7. mediotanque thread starter macrumors member

Great advice, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your answers!

8. mediotanque thread starter macrumors member

Hey, another silly question... do they accept cash payment?

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Yes. :)