iPad mini Personal record setting wifi speed with rMini...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcdj, Nov 15, 2013.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Had a couple of Airs and they performed well too, but tonight, my first night with the rMini, I saw the fastest wifi speed I've ever gotten in my NYC apartment, in 12 years with TWC.

This is a dual testament; first to the AirPort Extreme, of which I have 2, in bridge mode; the latest gen and the previous gen.

Tonight I was downloading a file at a sustained 60+Mbps to my NAS, which is hard wired to the bridged router, 2 rooms away from the main router/modem.

Surprised by the fast download I was getting (yes folks, I realize there is much faster internet out there...no need to boast about your 12 inches of fiber optic manhood), I decided to check the rMini speed.

To be fair, Time Warner may have upgraded or tweaked my street this week, as we had a brief outage, followed by the fastest speeds we've ever had. So this could just be a fluke. We pay for 50mbps, but I typically only get about 30 on wifi with an iPad or iPhone.

Regardless of the reason, I've never broken 50mbps at home on any wifi device, so this is also a testament to the clearly robust wifi antenna of the rMini.

Attached Files:

2. Robster3 macrumors 68000

I got 94 & 35 on my Air yesterday:) Sorry had to.