"Personal" Ringtone keeps dropping

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Garoolgan, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Garoolgan macrumors member

Garoolgan

In France, 25th on UN's HDI list of countries
    Hello,

My new (brand new!) iPhone 4S seems to dislike my "personal" ringtone!?

For years the old 3G iPhone chugged along with the same personal ringtone without a problem.

During the week I've had my new 4S, the ringtone has reverted to the default ringtone at least 3 times after which I go into iTunes/tones and re-tick my personal ringtone, Apply, re-sync and all is well until next time.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Garoolgan

2. justingould macrumors newbie

Tones tab in iTunes

Hi,

I had this issue with a recent update to iOS7. To fix, I had to turn on 'sync tones' in iTunes for my phone, and select the tones I wanted copied over.

HTH

J

3. Garoolgan thread starter macrumors member

Garoolgan

Fixed itself?

I still have no idea what is going on but the problem seems to have fixed itself!

My personal ringtone has stayed in place for a whole week and believe it or not I have done nothing except check on settings/sounds to make sure the name of my personal ringtone is still there, more often.

It seems not all problems have a technical solution? Maybe the Gods have something to do with it too?

Garoolgan
    :rolleyes:

4. Garoolgan thread starter macrumors member

Garoolgan

Here we go again

Hi,

Since June 22 my personal ringtone has stayed fixed and this morning for some unknown reason the iPhone was back to the default ding-ding-ding.
    The problem is that I'm so used to my ringtone that I don't realise that my phone is ringing when it decides to return to it's default ringtone.

Could this have happened (this time) when I did the upgrade to 7.1.2 yesterday?

A suggestion to the Apple crew = create a "Lock" sequence so that sounds in general are locked in place!

Thanks for reading

Garoolgan

5. Garoolgan thread starter macrumors member

Garoolgan

Loos Like the personal ring tone is fixed ???

Hello all,

This is continuing my lost tone saga!

A few days ago the main iTunes page suddenly changed. How or why I don't know.
    Now I have in the left hand column under the main "Library" title "Music" which was there before and also a new "Tones" icon.
    Below the new "Tones" icon is "Store" as a main title and under that "iTunes Store". Below that again is a main title "Devices" and below that again is my iPhone (when it is plugged in).

Until now, with my new iPhone 4S Under the "Library" title all I had was "Music".

Until now when my iPhone was plugged into my Mac Book and I clicked on it, there was a "Tones" tab (along the top) in which my personal ring tone was listed when it was active on my iPhone. Now the whole Tones tab page is sort of greyed out and there is virtually nothing on it, only titles.

Does anyone know what I might have done for the "Tones" to appear in the left hand iTunes column?

Thanks

Garoolgan