Personal ringtone on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ruk110, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ruk110 macrumors regular

ruk110

is it possible to set a personal ringtone on the new iPone 4? and if so, how do i do it?

2. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

Yes. Depends of if you have a Mac or PC. If you have a Mac you can use Garage Band and iTunes to convert mp3s to ringtones. Garage Band is way easier though. You can look up a tutorial on CNET.com. If you have a PC you can try the iTunes way or do a Google search.

3. shneady macrumors member

I haven't done it in like a year or so, but it's fairly easy in Garage Band if you have a mac. I made a couple of my own custom ringtones. When you're done with your project in GB, you just upload it to iTunes and create your ringtone. It's not that hard, just get crackin', you'll figure it out. If you're on a windows machine, I personally don't know of any other software that will help you achieve this. I would think there's gotta be something out there though for that side of the world....

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I am not sure if by "personal" you mean 'Custom' ringtones or a dedicated ringtone per contract.

If you want custom ringtones, i use audiko.net/, it's Free and supsr easy to use, it will make any song and audio file into a ringtone (you can edit and pick wha part of the song to take) all in a webtool. then download the m4r to itunes and done.

If you want personalized ringtone for contact, just go into the contact and click edit and add the ringtone to the "ringtone' Field

hope it help!

5. 1 Cor. 15:26 macrumors member

Try

myxer.com.

Search for existing tones from users, or make your own with music from your library (youll have to access it through files)

Create it. It will be saved where you save it on your desktop.

Drag and drop to iTunes in Ringtones folder.

Sync.

Boom.

6. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110

i got how to do it through garage band now, but it only lets me put a 20second loop on it? any way of extending this?

7. emmove macrumors newbie

8. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

All you need is 20 secs. You phone does not ring any longer then that.

9. ruk110 thread starter macrumors regular

ruk110