personal setup session

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eb25, May 18, 2015.

1. eb25 macrumors newbie

Got an email from Apple yesterday notifying me that I could arrange for a personal setup session with an Apple rep, see some videos, and get any questions answered regarding setting up the watch. This was to help get the watch set up, work on some apps, etc. Even though I was pretty sure I could get the watch set up and functional, thought it might be a good idea to have Plan B in case there were issues. Scheduled a session with Marcus for 7pm on 5/18/15 - got a confirming email from Marcus - went through the required procedure at 7pm and Marcus was nowhere to be found - after a few minutes, got a message that chat was not available and to call 1800myapple - did that and got an individual who was very helpful, but could not answer my questions and had to go offline to do some research. Found this to be very un-Apple like and disappointing - SO...the set up is pretty straightforward, but if you have issues or questions, it might take awhile to get help.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Skip the set up. It's for people who have no other resources like this forum. You know you can ask any questions you may have right here.

3. bluecow macrumors regular

I ignored the e-mail assuming that I have already read enough on the device. I am curious if anyone has used the service and found it productive.