Perspective Zoom is off but the icons are still moving around the screen

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jssrea, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jssrea macrumors newbie

I want to disable the Parallax effect without disabling the animations. As far as I know, in order to do this I only need to disable the Perspective Zoom option when setting a new wallpaper. The thing is that I just noticed that, although the wallpaper is no longer moving around, the icons do. It's almost imperceptible, but it's there. The only way to make sure that the icons don't move at all is by enabling the Reduce motion option, which also disables the animations.

Did this happen in iOS 7 as well?

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Yes. Turning perspective zoom off has always only stopped the wallpaper zooming in and moving. The icons still moved in iOS 7.

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

This is how it worked in iOS 7 as well.

With parallax off, the icons move ever so subtly.

4. jssrea thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I was afraid of. And now I can't unsee it!

Thank you both.

5. Jayson A macrumors 68000

I really wish you could stop all parallax effects but keep the app opening animations and task switcher animations. There was one iOS 7 update that allowed you to turn off just parallax and the other animations remained, but people bitched about the zooming making them dizzy and sick.

I personally like the zoom effect. It looks nice and it's the same speed as the fade. The fade tricks you into thinking it's faster but you still can't use the screen until the fade is completely done.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

The only option is to go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion. Turning that on will stop the icons from moving around, but it will also replace those zooming animations with a fading one. Currently it's an all or nothing approach, but at least something is there.

7. Jayson A macrumors 68000

The original poster already said that.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Reading comprehension fail on my part. I reread the post and you are indeed correct about that.