Perspective.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoJoCal19, Oct 5, 2011.

1. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I woke up this morning, still bent about the iPhone 4S announcement yesterday, and was still pretty peeved throughout the day. Instead of focusing on work, or studying for my exam tomorrow, or thinking what I wanted to do with my family this weekend, I've been poring over the hate threads and putting in my 2 cents. I pretty much have spent the entire day just thinking about how disappointed I was that I didn't get LTE, a bigger screen and a new design. Never did I ever think I would be sitting here hurt and upset, mourning the loss of one of the people who I look up to and has inspired me tremendously throughout my professional life.

I just got a rather harsh reminder, there are more important things in life than being upset about a piece of technology.

Hopefully all of us that are spending so much time and energy on here bashing the iPhone 4S and being upset about it can instead take the time to think about those you love. I know I am. Now off I go to give my wife and 1 year old a big hug.

2. ArmyMirage macrumors member

I couldn't have said it better myself. Sad day and harsh lesson for all the hate going around right now.

I surely hope Steve didn't pass with his final memories being all the news reports bashing his company and the "huge letdown this announcement was" in their eyes.

He changed the game and touched many lives, he will be greatly missed.

3. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I agree, all that 4S stuff seems so insignificant now :...(

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Agreed. All this morning I was pissed at the 4S and how I need to figure out what phone I want to get now. Then I saw this news and it all came into perspective. As you said, there are more important things in life than a phone. Afterwards I went and gave my gf a hug and then I called my family back home. Being on campus kind of makes you lose perspective of what's actually important.

May your legacy live on Steve....

5. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

This. We already know Steve gets angry when Apple gets negative press etc. (iPhone 4 antennagate). Sadly, I think he's seen the reports about the "iPhone 4S disappointment" from journalists as well in his final moments.