Persuasive Speech on Macs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by paul.b.davis, Nov 1, 2007.

1. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

I am doing a persuasive speech next week on why people should buy Macs. I will be using the following points

ease of use/integration

low susceptibility to viruses

technology of the future

I was just posting this to see if anyone had any other ideas that might go really well in a speech of persuasion

(and I posted it in this forum for two reasons: this one gets the most traffic and I did not know where else to post it...)

Thanks in advance

- paul

2. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

Holds resale value extremely well. You don't buy a Mac and then throw it away when you want to buy a new one. You sell it and help fund your next Mac purchase.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

For: The Mac is a PC, it is the only PC on the market that is built to run Mac OS X.

Against: While the Mac is a PC -- running the Intel Mobile 965 chipset, it has elements of the Santa Rosa platform, but varies enough to lose the Centrino stamp (aka, Apple is naughty and using non-Intel vendors for Wireless, ethernet, etc.)

While it isn't a Centrino 4 machine, the Leopard OS includes all the drivers needed to run Windows. So these days you can wipe Mac OS X and run Windows ... so all those Windows users that lusted after Macs but don't want the OS, lose nothing by buying one and running the OS of their choice.

And Leopard in finally a register Unix instead of a pre-Leopard *nix making it one of the most popular retail Unix packages around. Due to those upgrades, unix shops with some of the SUSv3 and POSIX 1003.1 specification requirement can switch to it.

Then there is iLife, and all the other Apple apps like final cut, motion, etc.