Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
For some reason I just don't find that funny? I think its sort of sad that this person was keeping so many animals all inside a small room. I can see people keeping cats and dogs as pets because they're so domesticated, but other animals are meant to roam free, which causes all of these accidents. All they want is some room to move around in.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Original poster
Mar 2, 2002
I figured some others wouldn't find it funny. But I'm just cruel.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_twisted.gif

kiwi-in-uk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2004
AU
QUOTE: "Although rare, Gazillo said it wasn't the first time he has investigated a fire caused by a lizard and a heat lamp."

Is this a Florida thing?
Or is fire inspector Gary Gazillo consulted by other states and countries?
A kind of roving expert on "lizard / lamp" phenomena ... ?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
kiwi-in-uk said:
QUOTE: "Although rare, Gazillo said it wasn't the first time he has investigated a fire caused by a lizard and a heat lamp."

Is this a Florida thing?
Or is fire inspector Gary Gazillo consulted by other states and countries?
A kind of roving expert on "lizard / lamp" phenomena ... ?

I think it make sense, even though this is the most humorous quote from the article. Lizards are cold blooded, right? And there was a heat lamp on in the room, probably because the room was chilly. If you're a lizard out of your cage and you feel some heat coming from on top a table, I'm sure you'd want to go investigate and get a little closer.....:D

Still, stupid to have something like that that could have been a much larger disaster.

D

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
I call this one:
"Stupid people, stupid animals, smart police work."

A lizard escaped from its cage? Did it dig its way out? And the heat lamp was (not) fastened to the top of the cage? Am I missing something?

Lizard causes house fire, nearly kills other pets. Was the lizard feeling like he/she wasn't getting enough TLC?

And the police spent a few thousand tax dollars to figure out a lizard caused a house fire...could have been worse.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is very sad, again show that you just can't be too careful. If that lizard was like one of our dogs which had a propensity to get out of his cage, they should have secured the cage. Proper care of pets is to make sure that they are secure. It was lucky for the other animals that they had helpful neighbors. :(

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Just after one of the hurricanes this season, someone who had many (20+) cats was without power and was burning candles. A couple of the cats were chasing each other through the dark house and knocked a candle over, which resulted in the whole house burning. Half of the cats died but the woman left the house safely. :(

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
bousozoku said:
Just after one of the hurricanes this season, someone who had many (20+) cats was without power and was burning candles. A couple of the cats were chasing each other through the dark house and knocked a candle over, which resulted in the whole house burning. Half of the cats died but the woman left the house safely. :(

Whoa...that is really saddening... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.