Pet peeve: I really don't like this.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by sola77, Sep 29, 2016.

1. sola77 macrumors member

Taking a photo while in a text message....so now there is only a tiny box in the lower left-hand corner to look through to take a photo?

Am I doing something wrong or is this the new way? It's terrible.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Swipe from left to right. There's a hidden option to the left of the camera ;)

3. Fontvnilla macrumors member

Fontvnilla

4. sola77 thread starter macrumors member

Whew! LOL

Thanks so much! :)

5. tomwvr macrumors regular

tomwvr

i don't like the various items in the boxes when you open the phone, all I want is to go to the desktop. How do I remove these...

6. marty1980 macrumors 6502

Wow! For all the praise Apple gets for ease-of-use, this shows they still get things wrong.

I would have never noticed that the camera and photo library options were to the left there had I not read this thread!

Thank you for that!

7. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah I don't not I now want hat
    Apple is thinking lately. There's an arrow pointing to the left indicating more options.. but people barely notice that and there's no indication as to what the purposes of it is, what's over there, how to get there, etc..

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

you think that's bad? You have to force touch and swipe up to save an image from a web site. I didn't even notice the arrow until I tried it like 4 times. Why is force touch even required here when non-force touch enabled iPhones can just tap and hold and choose "save image"?

9. s2mike macrumors 6502

I guess it's not super intuitive, but there's an arrow indicating that there's more content if you swipe left...

10. sjtidy macrumors member

I'd go further and say that it is intuitive. It's obvious that you can swipe left to see more photos, and the arrow pointing left clearly says you can also swipe right for more.

11. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

On a related note, pictures taken in Messages don't save to Photos - has this always been the case? Or an option controlling it?

I wish they did.

12. johaen8 macrumors member

Tapping and holding a picture and saving from there works just fine on my iPhone 7.

13. white4s macrumors 65816

this is hilarious because I just made a thread saying this was my favorite feature lol

14. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No you don't.

Touch and hold (don't force touch), and the save image option comes up. If you force touch, it'll bring it up separately, and then, yes, you'll have to swipe up.

Basically, you're being too forceful and making extra work for yourself.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you take photos from the little window they won't get saved, but if you expand to go into camera view then they will be saved.

16. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Press-and-hold works just fine on my force-touch-enabled iPhone 6S.

17. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I have my force touch set at the lightest touch. I have to literally barely touch the screen to get what you described to work.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016 ---
    It's almost impossible to use that if your force touch is set at the lightest touch. Guess I'll have to adjust it.

18. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Interesting. I'll report this as a bug just in case it's unintended

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I did not know this. That's awesome. A lot of the time I hold back on taking an unimportant pic to send to someone because I have to go to the camera roll and delete it later and make sure it didn't sync to google photos. would love the throw away pic idea.