pet peeve in safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gonyr, Sep 3, 2007.

1. gonyr macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just me, but at least once every few days, I find myself trying to use cmd-[ to go back a page when browsing. I'm not looking at the keyboard, and I hit cmd-P instead, which of course brings up the print window. Just annoys the heck out of me.

Is there a way to remap the keys to be somewhere else, or do I just have to focus a bit more on what I'm doing and find something more important to worry about?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Cmd-Shift-Left and Cmd-Shift-Right also change between tabs... have you tried using those instead? I honestly never use Cmd-] or Cmd-[... they're too hard to reach! *whine*

EDIT: Oops, back a page.

Alternatives for back a page are the backspace key (as long as you're not in a text box) or Apple-Left (no shift). :)

3. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

Hi, if you have safariStand installed you can toggle between tabs using the comma(,) and period(.) keys. no fuss, no muss. cheers.

4. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

Or buy a 3 button mouse and program one of the buttons.

5. gonyr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks - just what I needed. I never heard of cmd-arrow, but it works exactly how I want. Much less awkward than cmd-[ too. And it's nice and close to my trackpad, so I don't need to move as far (am I lazy or what - really need to get on a treadmill one of these days).

Does it strike anyone as kind of weird that there are three different keboard shortcuts to do the same thing?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes! And a third of us each didn't know about the other two! :D

7. stuff99 macrumors 6502

no tabs and the fact that the beta safari screws up mac msn

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No tabs in what? Safari? You're joking, right?

9. stuff99 macrumors 6502

10. tonyC4L macrumors newbie

I've got a pet peeve too. Whenever I go back or forwards, the page reloads itself. Is there anyway I can change this? Usually when I go backwards, I'd like to see the page I was previously at, not a reloaded version.