Pet peeves. Imperfection. Dirt? Crumbs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nicknicknickh, Jul 28, 2011.

1. nicknicknickh macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2011
    So today it got on my nerves that the trackpad was lower on the left side and higher on the right side quite noticably when I run my finger from side to side. Also the very very corner of each corner of the trackpad is not responsive. Same for you?

15" MacBook Pro 2011 Model ( Newest ):apple:
  2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Oct 14, 2010
    no mine is flush and works great ... however I have heard what you describe as common and nothing to worry about
  3. nicknicknickh thread starter macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2011
    Alright thanks

If any one else reads this please tell me what yours is like
  4. ahdickter macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Mine is also a tab bit lower, nothing to worry about. Same with the corners of the trackpad...its normal.
  5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
  6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

Jun 10, 2011
    Boca Raton, FL
    Mines the same level all around; if one side/corner was lower it would drive me bat poop crazy. I haven't noticed the edges of the trackpad not working either, which leads me to believe that they do work.
  7. slieu92 macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2008
    my mbp had the same problem, the coata mesa apple store fixed it by lowering the right side. -_- they didn't even do an ok job putting the bottom panel back correctly. my keyboard keys were popping up so they said they'll replace the whole top case within 1-3 days. 7 days pass, i call them and they told me they would just replace the whole computer.

now the left side of my hinge scraps the aluminum. w/e
  8. mbp17xxx macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2011
    very much same with my 17", lower on the left side, I can see it by just looking at it, it sucks because my 13" is perfectly flat.

I dont use the trackpad anyway, sucks though because its the only imperfection :(