Petition: 3G notebooks

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iPave, Jul 22, 2008.

1. iPave macrumors member

iPave

If you want one, sign the petition.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/20697.html

I'll send the petition and list of signed names to Apple in first of september.

If there is some grammar flaws in petition, please send me private message(English is not my native language).

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

Well, not to be a downer but I highly doubt this petition will work. The only reason that the petition for Rogers in Canada worked was because of the amount of signatures they got. The reason they got so many signatures was because people were being ripped off. This petition is simply asking for a feature. Yes, it would be nice but then there are plenty of people like myself who don't live in a 3G area.

I could see Apple going with something like WiMAX

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

5. qacjared macrumors regular

look I live an hour or more away from the nearest ATT 3G coverage. I am not paying for some fancy feature I can not even use.

6. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

you have to pay phone carriers to use 3G because its their network. Why would it come in a notebook?

What, would i sign a 2 year agreement before i can get my laptop? Just buy an express card, problem solved.

7. janey macrumors 603

janey

It's not unheard-of. Many other manufacturers have laptops like that, mostly aimed at business users.

That being said, I agree with everyone else. Just because it doesn't come built into the laptop doesn't mean it's impossible.

8. corylei macrumors newbie

I like this idea.

I use Mobile Broadband and I find the dongle/soap-on-a-rope modem to get in the way a lot of the time. Being able to put your SIM card in would be great. :cool:

9. MrSEC macrumors regular

Agreed. The other down side to having it internal is you can't use an external antenna,or amp to get extra distance when your miles away from an EVDO tower,also 4g,and Wimax is close to being a reality,so 3g will probably become a thing of the past....well someday anyway.

PS. ALL the carriers are putting in 5gig caps (i just received a notice from Sprint a month ago) on their 3g data limits.It's not a big deal on the phone(s) but it could become a problem on a laptop,and streaming lots of video.