Petition for 21.5" Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by texaseducators, Sep 22, 2011.

1. texaseducators macrumors newbie

I am trying to get Apple's attention regarding producing a smaller 21.5" version of the Cinema Display so that consumers have a more reasonably-sized display (for a classroom or office environment) and a cheaper alternative to the 27" version.

It's been brought to my attention that if you can get a mass following around a particular topic or issue, Apple generally responds, so here goes nothing.

If you'd be interested in a smaller Cinema Display, please show your support by signing the petition at the below-included URL. We love our Apple notebooks and really Apple would be more accommodating because it's just not right to hook up a PC monitor to a Mac notebook :). Thanks in advance for your support.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/cinemadisplay

2. zhaofa90 macrumors newbie

3. KScottMyers macrumors regular

And if they did bring out a 21" - everyone would complain about the price.

4. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Everyone complains about the price of every Apple product anyway...

I think it would be a great idea. Apple may be trying to bully people into buying a huge expensive 27" display because they don't offer any other options, but realistically people who want smaller/cheaper just go out and buy a Dell. It's Apple's loss for not offering a 21" display.

5. mac jones macrumors 68040

Some kind of calculated move on Apple's part I would think. I find it hard to believe that sales of the smaller display were poor. It must have been a cost of construction vs sales, etc., thing, which could be reversible if that's the case as sales trump everything else (usually). Then again, I don't know the details.

6. n2arkitektur macrumors member

n2arkitektur

I signed the petition.

It's not just about the cost. What are people, like myself, who have purchased a 21" iMac supposed to do when they want a matching external display?

7. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

Apple just started selling their 24" refurbished ACD again at their website. Smaller and much cheaper than the 27".