Petition for FREE iPhone 4 Bumpers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by robotfist, Jun 26, 2010.

1. robotfist macrumors member

2. robotfist thread starter macrumors member

Apple REMOVED it.

Wow.

It was gaining momentum and Apple removed the thread. It mysteriously vanished from their forums.

WTF, Apple?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why would you be surprised, that thread was against their rules and being an apple sponsored thread they chose to remove it. They do that quite often and while that board is useful for user led tech support, i'd not do any complaining about apple products because those posts will disappear

4. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

Apples customer service is starting to become crap. More money more problems.

5. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty PO'd that I paid 30$ for something that I know cost apple 23 cents to make, and now it seems they are giving them out to people who call and complain about service for free..

6. Shorties macrumors 6502a

But to be fair Apple gave all iPhone users free headsets, these headsets will work for users experiencing the problems.

It would be nice if they lowered the price of the bumpers though by 10 or 15 bucks.

7. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

I think if i'd paid 10$ for the bumper, I wouldn't feel quite so ripped off. Granted I really like the bumper, and how it feels on the phone, but still 30$ is a bit outrageous to begin with and now to be handing them out for free left and right to fix their own problem.. it just irritates me.

8. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

I broke down and bought a iPhone 4 on eBay, Sealed new in box with receipt, blah blah blah.

I was at the Crapple store wasting 2 hours of my life NOT regarding the iPhone 4...

Any who, They were sold out of the bumpers, So after winning the iPhone I found a red one on ebay someone listed for $35 free shipping. Bought it to use for now.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

Online petitions are mostly pointless.

You have a better chance getting Betty White to host SNL again than trying to get free s--- from Apple.

10. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

When are you expecting the red bumper? You know that Apple hasn't even released it yet? You're either going to be waiting for a while or you've purchased a fake.

11. nin7474 macrumors 6502

I called Applecare and was able to get them to send me a free Bumper.:)

12. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

If the seller ships tomorrow, I'll have it Monday. If it ships out on Monday, Wednesday....lol

The phone should be here Monday.

heres the auction link, I didn't see it when I was buying my iPhone 4, then after I paid, I was looking at all the iPhone auctions that were listed, and noticed it. there was a bid/buy it now option. As soon as I see the low price, I bought it.

I'll use it until I figure out what case i'm going to use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150460601570&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_949

13. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

14. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

That's not the Apple Bumper case, that's a random case by iluv ^_^

Xanadeath

15. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

16. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

Not some "random case". They are sold at the At&t store;)

they've had their foot in the accessory game/market far longer than Apple.

Nice try though.

17. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

yeah, eBay disables the auction link when it ends so it doesn't come up on a google search.

Search

18. pmz macrumors 68000

Relax, I see a free bumpers thing coming from Apple VERY soon. It will be an online thing that you request and it gets mailed, like the wall charger recall from 1 or 2 years ago.

Trust me, it's coming. Don't buy a bumper right now, as i can almost guarantee you Apple is going to offer all iPhone 4 customers free bumpers by Monday or Tuesday.

Even though there is absolutely no reason to, Apple responds quickly to bad PR.

19. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

20. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

No, I meant the iLuv case. Check their site, it says its not available.

Just came from the AT&T store to get a case and I didnt see it. Ended up getting a body glove clear skin, cause I really wanted my ZAGG skin to show (part of the reason why I wanted a bumper).

I'll just order a bumper cause my apple store is still clueless on them.

21. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

Trust me, It's not a priority. I was on the phone with a Market Manager, and a Executive Customer Relations Manager.... They seem so optimistic about this situation.

My main phone call had nothing to do with the iPhone 4. I did come up though:D

22. decadentdave macrumors 6502

I wouldn't want one if I complained and got it for free.

23. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

24. decadentdave macrumors 6502

25. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

I asked the Seller why they were selling it (I thought they opened it) Seller said:

I just didn't like red and that's all the AT&T store had.