Petition for Touch backlight Timer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amuenp, Jul 15, 2008.

1. amuenp macrumors newbie

Anyone wish there was the Back Light Timer like the Ipod video? Wouldn't it be nice to touch the screen and have functionality without having to hit the Home button every time you want to change the song. Current option is only the auto lock... Leave this lock - just add the option to conserve battery with a Backlight Timer - Touch activated.
    Maybe a home button (on screen) if thee above ever happens.

2. Viremia macrumors regular

Let see if I understand you. The backlight would come on with only a touch of the screen. So if the touch is in your pocket or you're carrying it in your hand, the backlight will never go out as it will constantly be activated by the contact and the battery will be dead in about 3-4 hrs.

3. amuenp thread starter macrumors newbie

Touch only works with human-electro static

Getting bumped or touched while in your pocket will Not do a thing since it only activates the screen with your skin. If its in your hand your usually using it. If you read what I said about keeping the lock bar option that would enable u to keep it in your hand with the screen off. I like to skip songs a lot and the backlight timer would be perfect for me instead of having to hit the home button and slide the screen bar lock every time. I could turn the screen lock off though its a monumental waste of power - see my plight.

4. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

yes, it gets very annoying listening to a large library and not being able to just skip a song.

5. jogales macrumors member

Hit the home button twice, a music control thing pops up that you can use without sliding to unlock. Works when you're using an app too.

Josh

6. ihabime macrumors 6502

The only problem I see with this is that the touch/iPhone screens draw a lot more power than the other iPods, so you might see a big hit to your battery life even with the screen dimmed.