Pgr4

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Markleshark, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

So did anyone pick this up? I was kind of half debating it, because this is becoming an expensive couple of months (Halo, Fifa, CoD4 still to come) and I thought this was one I could wait for, but man am I impressed and glad I went for it.

Graphics, really, are no better than PGR3 if you take them at face value. However, when the weather is added in there it looks really nice. The textures of the rain on the cars is brilliant.

The menus are a shade hard to get used to, but thats because I'm a little used to FM2.

All in all, a great arcade racer. And best of all... They've added the Cossie. ;)

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I got it of course :p

Had to get it to justfy owning my fricking wireless racing wheel that's barely been used because I'm ***** at racing games. Yep there is some logic there but it's shrowded in a veil of stupidity. :D

On the brightside I did buy it for £24 off ebay because it's region free - so it's hard not to be tempted. (oh and HalfLife 2 orange box is region free on the 360 too so I got that for the same price ;) )

Graphically there is some improvements more than just the weather. This time the game is proper HD (like Halo 3, the original PGR3 wasn't) and also trackside obsticles/details have been improved. Tree's look a lot better for example and there seems to be better textures on pedestrians.

But yeah its not a leap graphically, but it's certainly a good refinement and the weather effects are some of the best on any game.

I really am utterly rubbish at driving games, yet there is somthing here in PGR4 for everyone.

It's a well balanced game, except if your *****, don't play online because you get your arse kicked everytime.

Worth checking out definetly.

3. Markleshark thread starter macrumors 603

Markleshark

I wish I had space for the Wireless Racing Wheel (Even tho they've all been recalled) because I'd certainly pick one up.