Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjugend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
I would like to upgrade from Phanter to Leopard OS in my G5 machine, any idea on how could I do that online, the reason is that I'm in Brazil, so it could not be shipped to me.

Is there any issue on that kind of upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
M. Jugend

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Isn't panther PowerPC? If yes, then, you have to make sure your machine is intel, otherwise SL isn't compatible. Also, you need the disc, there's not really any other options. :(

He says Leopard, not Snow Leopard.

You could check on eBay or any other similar online stores offering international shipping. Is there not a Brazillian online Apple Store? I thought there was? Leopard is still available but you need to order it over the phone.

mjugend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
I got it, but what about the MacBook Air CDs?

Thank you all, but now that I think, I have a MacBook Air with Leopard, it came with all the Install CDs (Mac OS X Install Disc 1 and 2) Can't I use them to upgrade my G5? :eek:

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
For what it's worth... I automatically thought Snow Leopard too... just because that's what most people are talking about right now on this forum.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL

mjugend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Ok, thank you all, I'll look for one that I can buy here in Brazil.

M. Jugend

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.