Phantom Calender Appointments - MS Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by usererror, Feb 24, 2010.

1. usererror macrumors newbie

I hate to post twice in a row but...

We have a user that can accept appointments from the outlook full client on his PC but they dont make it to his iphone. What is interesting is as soon as he accepts it on his PC, the "sync wheel" spins on the iphone at that same moment for 2-3 seconds, but the appointment does not show up.

Anyone else seen this? It is MS Exchange 2003 SP2

2. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

Did you verify that the Calendar Sync is enabled for the Exchange Account? While this is default it can be turned off.

When you are looking at the Calendar do you look at all the calendars on the device? Sometimes you can only look at a single calendar.

If you continue to have issues, I would delete the account off the phone and resetup.

3. usererror thread starter macrumors newbie

The Calendar Sync is turned on because some of his appointments do show up correctly when he accepts them. He only has one calendar.

I have not deleted the account yet. Is deleting it sufficient? Or should he wipe the phone?

Thanks!

4. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

Deleting the exchange account on the phone is all that you need to do to re-setup the process. Be warned it can delete all your contacts if you are syncing with outlook. I would make sure you have a backup of the phone.

I have seen issues where

Rules will stop the flow of calendar appts. Make sure he is not using automated processing on the appointments.

You are keeping all the mail on the server right? If it is getting loaded to the local system that is likely going to cause a problem, where not alll the items will get to the phone.

5. usererror thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tips.

I last tried to remove his Mail profile on his PC, then re-create it, and made sure that "Cached Exchange Mode" was not enabled, so the mail, contacts, calendar, is only saved on our exchange server.

I will ask him to try removing the account after he backs up the phone via iTunes.