Phantom Emails

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by markel253, Apr 6, 2010.

1. markel253 macrumors regular

Has anyone seen this?

My iphone is showing that I have unread email messages, but when I look - there are none. And I can't find any way to fix this?

Any suggestions?

2. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

What type of email?

Gmail? using imap? sometimes i get that but its just that an unread email is in another folder (gmail labels) , so i just click back and onto the relevant folder/label.

3. markel253 thread starter macrumors regular

No - these (there are actually 3 accounts that are showing this) are pop3 accounts.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

When it's happened to me, I've restarted, and if that didn't work, I open Yahoo Mail on my laptop and mark all messages as read there (even if they're already indicating that they've been read). That normally takes care of the problem for me.

5. macfan881 macrumors 68020

check your trash folder if you can log into Gmail.com i had that happen to me a few times and there were some emails in there.

6. markel253 thread starter macrumors regular

Not using Gmail or Yahoo mail or any of the web based mail ... at least not for the accounts that are having this problem. I am accessing a private domain POP3 account.

I have tried everything listed above. Next step will be to do a restore and then re-set-up and hope that does the trick I guess.

If not, I am looking at a trip to the local Genius Bar I suppose.