Phantom SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RickRandom, May 10, 2009.

1. RickRandom macrumors newbie

Hello

Every now and then while my iphone (2g 2.1) is on standby and the screen is black it makes the sms received sound and vibrates but the screen doesn't come on like it's supposed to. It doesn't say "new text message" on the screen when I turn it on. No new messages in the inbox either. I was just wondering that is this a bug or did it lose the messages before I got to read them? Other than this the phone seems to be working fine.

Anyone else having this problem?

2. interconnect macrumors regular

interconnect

yes this has happened to me and my co-worker many times now, weird.

3. boch82 macrumors 6502

Im getting a similar issue with mail but no issues with the sms

i get and email and read it then a few minutes later my phone makes the sound and vibrates like i have a new message and nothing is there

4. RickRandom thread starter macrumors newbie

weird indeed and it seems to be totally random. Well it's not too big of a problem. I just hope it's a bug and those aren't real messages that just won't show. Driving me crazy not knowing if the phone lost my messages :D

5. RickRandom thread starter macrumors newbie

That's been happening to people too http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=695333
    i hate it when people say solved without explaining.

6. RickRandom thread starter macrumors newbie

Now this is happening more often. It seems that a phantom sms follows almost every real sms I get with a delay of couple of minutes. Weird.