Philadelphia

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by milszils, Oct 23, 2007.

1. milszils macrumors member

Hi, I live in the UK and have asked someone going to the States to pick an iPod Touch for me. She asked me where she can get one. Do you know where to get them in Philadelphia relativley close to the airport? Also will buying it in a non Apple shop affect warranty or anything?
    Thanks
    milszils

2. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

It's going to be hit or miss if there's even availability. She'd better call ahead to make sure. Large retailers like Best Buy or Circuit City seem to get them and sell out quickly.

There will be no difference in the warranty between an Apple or third party-purchased Touch. The only benefit is lost on you buying from an Apple store. If there was something wrong you could walk in and hand it to them for an exchange. Third party retailers will vary greatly on their policies. Most will limit the return period on electronic devices to a specific number of days. After that you need to use normal warranty return channels.

In another forum a person asked if there were restrictions on warranty coverage (such as a North America-only warranty). If you go to Apple's site and read the warranty it does not indicate anything region specific in limitations and has the appropriate contacts for various countries at the end.

3. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

I'm not sure how close the airport is to the King of Prussia Mall, but you'll want to head there. The Mall has an Apple Store and if for some reason the Apple Store is out, right across the street is a fairly large Best Buy.

4. milszils thread starter macrumors member

The Mall is 35mins away... that may be too much of a favor :(

What is availability like at the moment?

5. iMouseHD macrumors regular

For what is is worth I just flew from Las Vegas and they had a kiosk that was selling ipods and they had 16gig touches in it. So they may want to check that out.